Course Outline: Wealth Management
· What is wealth Management, what does it mean, why wealth required, wealth creation and wealth preservation, role of money in Life.
· Dreams, Converting dreams into goals. type of financial goals.
· Life and Health are our most important assets. So, Protection is most important in order to meet the goals.
· Protection of life, health – Insurance first before investment. How much insurance required for each individual? what factors to consider while taking a Life cover and Health Cover.
· Understanding Life Cycle and Wealth Cycle in the life of any individual. How it impacts in terms of earning, spending, meeting various needs, what investment and protection products at various levels.
· To meet goals you have to do proper goal based Financial Planning. Steps to goal based financial plan.
· Reason is Inflation plus Lifestyle Inflation. Some examples to show how inflation can impact goals.
· What if I take loan rather than investing to meet my goals? What cost I pay and what I gain/loss?
· Budgeting – creating surplus for saving and investment. Spending decision on Important – Urgent matrix.
· Investment in different assets. understanding different Assets - Debt / Equity / Gold /Real Estate. Features of each asset class.
· Other Investment Products (PE, Derivatives, Art, Diamond, Precious Metal)
· Understanding each asset from Liquidity, Safety and Growth from various perspective (Risk- Return). Which asset to go for and why. How it can help meeting financial goals, Risk and Limitation if any.
· How different assets have performed recently and historically. Some trends so as to what one can expect in future.
· Economic and Market factors affect performance of different assets. Understanding Economic and Market variables and different indicators.
· How, when and why the Economic and Market factors affect different assets. Evaluating from Risk – return perspective.
· Asset Allocation and Diversification – Approaches and ways to counter Economic/Market risk. What is Asset Allocation and Diversification and why required?
· Asset Allocation – Types -Strategic Asset Allocation, TAA, Fixed, Flexible, suitability
· Diversification, its benefit, how it is done.
· Systematic and Unsystematic Risk
· Debt vs Equity from Risk – Return Aspect – Short term – long term perspective.
· Equity is best asset for wealth creation in long term, why-growth asset? why growth?
· Debt for wealth preservation. ST perspective
· Role of Debt and Equity in Wealth Mgt – from risk and return perspective (from time, cash flow, economic and market perspective). Low Risk – Best Gain
· Mutual Fund as an investment vehicle provides best solution for Wealth Management. Why and how.
· Mutual Funds in Wealth Management – Advantages, Risk Mgt , Choices , Cost etc
· Understanding Risk and Return in Mutual Fund – How to take care of it for optimal wealth management solution
· Various types of MF products – Debt/Hybrid/ Equity. understanding suitability and positioning of each categories of products (objective, asset allocation etc)
· understanding suitability and positioning of each types of products within the category (objective, asset allocation etc.)
· Fund Selection Process.
· Fund Evaluation Process w.r.t objective, return, risk etc.
· How to decide which type of return – Dividend, Dividend Reinvestment, Growth.
· How to measure return. CAGR.
· How to compare different funds from risk – return perspective.
· Monitoring, Rebalancing considering different risks
· Investment Strategies – early investing, long term, power of compounding
· Systematic Approach to Investing – SIP, SWP, STP, Switch
· Sources of Information – OD, KIM, Factsheet. What information to look into
· Operational Aspects –How to apply etc, Requirements, KYC, Eligibility etc
· Some caution and Precaution in whole process
· Case Study – Retirement Planning, how to make, excel based calculation, products and Strategies. Approaches to follow. Bucket Strategy etc.